The Full form of SSC GD is Staff Selection Commission General Duty. It primarily refers to the recruitment process for General Duty Constables in various forces under the Indian government. In this post we will provide detailed guide on SSC GD Exam such as the Full form of SSC GD, Eligibility Criteria, Recruitment Process, Selection Process, Syllabus, Exam Pattern for CBT, Application Process etc..
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is a central government agency responsible for recruiting staff for various positions in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in subordinate offices.
GD (General Duty): General Duty Constables are recruited for ground-level operations in different forces.
What Is Full Form of SSC GD?
The Full Form of SSC GD is Staff Selection Commission General Duty. It’s a government job exam and it’s conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the recruitment of Constables in various central armed police forces (CAPFs) and other central government organizations.
Forces Recruited Through SSC GD:
SSC GD conducts recruitment for the following forces:
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles
Also Read: CISF Full Form
Eligibility Criteria for SSC GD:
- Nationality: Must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Typically between 18 to 23 years. There are age relaxations for reserved categories.
- Educational Qualification: Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized board/university.
SSC GD Selection Process:
- Written Examination: It’s a computer-based test (CBT) comprising objective type questions.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Includes tasks like running, long jump, and high jump.
- Physical Standard Test (PST): Involves the measurement of height, chest, and weight.
- Medical Examination: Candidates must meet the required medical standards set by the commission.
SSC GD Exam Pattern for CBT:
The written examination typically consists of 100 questions divided into four sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge & General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/Hindi. Each section generally contains 25 questions, each worth one mark.
SSC GD Syllabus:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge & General Awareness: Questions aim to test the candidate’s general awareness and will also include questions on current events.
- Elementary Mathematics: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, etc.
- English/Hindi: Candidates have to choose either Hindi or English. This section tests the candidates’ basic understanding of the chosen language.
Application Process of SSC GD:
Interested candidates need to apply online through the official SSC website “https://ssc.nic.in/portal/apply“.
SSC GD Result & Posting:
Successful candidates will be posted in various regions and forces based on their preference and merit.
The SSC GD exam provides an opportunity for aspirants to serve the nation by joining various paramilitary forces. Regularly checking the official SSC website can keep aspirants updated about notifications, exam dates, and other essential information.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ’s
What is the full form of SSC GD?
The full form of SSC GD is “Staff Selection Commission (Subordinate) Constable (General Duty)”. It is a government job exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the recruitment of Constables in various central armed police forces (CAPFs) and other central government organizations.
What are the eligibility criteria for SSC GD?
The eligibility criteria for SSC GD are as follows:
- Indian citizen
- Age between 18 and 23 years (upper age relaxation is applicable for certain categories)
- Minimum height of 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women
- Minimum weight of 50 kg for men and 45 kg for women
- Matriculation (10th standard) pass
- Physical fitness test (PFT) and written examination
What are the salary and benefits of SSC GD Constables?
The salary and benefits of SSC GD Constables are as follows:
- Basic salary of Rs. 21,700 per month
- Grade pay of Rs. 2,800 per month
- Dearness allowance (DA)
- House rent allowance (HRA)
- Medical allowance
- Leave travel allowance (LTA)
- Other benefits such as provident fund (PF), gratuity, and insurance
How to prepare for SSC GD?
There are many ways to prepare for SSC GD. Some of the most popular methods include:
- Self-study using books, online courses, and practice tests
- Joining a coaching institute
- Taking mock tests
- Consulting with a career counselor
What is the syllabus of SSC GD?
The Syllabus of SSC GD are :
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- Physical Efficiency Test (PFT).
- 100 meters run
- 200 meters run
- Long jump
- High jump
- Shot put
How can I apply for SSC GD?
To apply for SSC GD, you can access the SSC website and apply online https://ssc.nic.in/portal/apply.