SSC GD Exam: An Introduction
The SSC GD Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of eligible candidates into various constable posts in various government organizations. The exam is conducted every year and eligible candidates can apply for the exam through the official website of the commission.
The SSC GD Exam consists of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is an objective type paper consisting of 100 questions from different sections like General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English/Hindi Comprehension. Candidates have to attempt all the questions in this paper. Paper II is a descriptive type paper consisting of essay writing, letter/application writing, etc. Candidates have to attempt any one question out of the four given in this paper.
The total marks allotted for the SSC GD Exam are 200 and the duration of the exam is 2 hours. Candidates have to secure minimum cut-off marks in each section as well as in aggregate to qualify for the next stage of selection process which is Physical Efficiency Test (PET) followed by Physical Standard Test (PST).
SSC GD Exam Recruitment
The SSC GD Exam is a competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of constables in the General Duty category. The SSC GD Exam is held every year and the notification for the same is released in the month of February-March. The online application process for the SSC GD Exam starts from March and the last date to apply is usually in April.
The eligible candidates who apply for the SSC GD Exam are required to appear for a written examination which consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is an objective type paper consisting of 100 questions from General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude. Paper II is a descriptive type paper consisting of two essay questions from English Language or any other language mentioned in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
The duration of each paper is 2 hours and the total marks for both papers are 200. The candidates who qualify in the written examination are shortlisted for physical efficiency tests, medical examination and interviews. The final selection of candidates is done on the basis of merit prepared taking into consideration their performance in all these stages.
The SSC GD Constable Exam is one of the most popular exams conducted by the Commission and lakhs of candidates appear for it every year.
Eligibility Criteria for the SSC GD Exam
The SSC GD Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for the post of General Duty Constable in various departments of the Indian government. The exam is held every year and lakhs of candidates appear for it.
To be eligible for the SSC GD Exam, candidates must:
– Be a citizen of India
– Be at least 18 years of age and not more than 23 years as on 1st August of the year of examination
– Possess a minimum educational qualification of 10th pass from a recognized board or equivalent.
|SSC GD Age Relaxation|
|Code Number||Category||Permissible Age Relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service.|
|04||Children & dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||5 years|
|05||Dependents and children of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||8 years|
|06||Dependents and Children of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)||10 years|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu Kashmir during period of 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
The Exam Pattern of the SSC GD Exam
The SSC GD test pattern is set by the commission itself. Candidates willing to seem for SSC GD should be thorough with the test pattern of SSC GD Constable exam. SSC follows a set pattern for SSC GD exam and mentions it very well within the official notification. Any changes in the exam pattern of SSC GD will be notified by the commission.
The SSC GD Exam Pattern is as follows:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Process of examming in center :-
- The examination will be conducted online.
- There will be a total of 100 questions.
- Each question will be of 1 mark.
- The time duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- The examination will be conducted in English and Hindi languages.
Go Now : Knowledge Glow Competitive Exams
SSC GD Syllabus
The syllabus of SSC General Duty Constable exam majorly remains a similar each year and also the commission mentions the elaborate syllabus on the notification of GD Constable exam.
The SSC GD syllabus contains a Computer-Based Examination (CBE) which has an objective-type paper of a hundred marks, that has to be answered in an exceedingly length of 90 minutes.
The SSC GD syllabus is given below:
|SSC GD Syllabus|
|Parts||Section Name||Total No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
Important Topics for the SSC GD Exam
The SSC GD Exam is a very important exam for those who wish to join the police force. The syllabus for the exam covers a wide range of topics, including general awareness, Indian Constitution, current affairs, and more. Here are some of the most important topics that you should focus on while preparing for the SSC GD Exam:
1. General Awareness: This section tests your knowledge of various current affairs and general knowledge topics. Make sure you keep yourself updated with the latest happenings around the world.
2. Indian Constitution: A good understanding of the Indian Constitution is essential to clear the SSC GD Exam. Be well-versed with all the major articles and amendments in our constitution.
3. Current Affairs: As mentioned before, current affairs form an integral part of the SSC GD Exam syllabus. Stay updated with all the latest news and events taking place both in India and abroad.
4. Reasoning and Aptitude: These sections test your logical and analytical skills. Practice as many questions as possible to hone these skills.
5. English Language: Last but not least, you need to have a good grasp over the English language to score well in this exam. Reading comprehension passages and solving grammar questions will be helpful in this regard.
Prepare thoroughly for all these sections to ace the SSC GD Exam!
Prepare for the SSC GD Exam?
The SSC GD Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit eligible candidates for the post of General Duty Constable in various departments and organizations of the Government of India. The exam is held every year and notification for the same is released a few months prior to the exam date.
Aspirants who wish to apply for the SSC GD Exam must start their preparations well in advance in order to score well and increase their chances of selection. Given below are some tips that will help candidates prepare for the SSC GD Exam:
1. Be well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus: The first step towards preparing for any exam is to be well aware of its pattern and syllabus. Candidates must go through the official notification released by the SSC very carefully in order to understand what topics they need to prepare for. They can also take reference from previous year’s papers to get an idea of the type of questions that are asked in the exam.
2. Solve as many practice papers as possible: Once you are familiar with the syllabus, start solving practice papers on a regular basis. This will help you understand the type of questions that are asked in the exam and also enable you to time your answers properly. It is important to note that there is negative marking in this exam, hence each answer must be given after due thought and consideration.
3. Prepare short notes: Another useful tip is to prepare short notes on all important topics.
How to apply SSC GD Apply Online
The SSC GD Apply Online process is simple and straightforward. All you need to do is visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission and click on the link for the online application form.
Once you have clicked on the link, you will be redirected to a new page where you will be required to fill in your personal details. Make sure that all the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.
After you have filled in your personal details, you will be required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature. Once you have done that, click on the submit button.
Your online application form will be successfully submitted and you will receive a confirmation message on your screen.
The SSC GD Exam is a great opportunity for those who want to join the security forces and make a difference in their communities. The exam tests your knowledge of general duty constable duties and allows you to showcase your skills. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, the SSC GD Exam is definitely worth considering.