What is the CISF Full Form?
The CISF full form is Central Industrial Security Force. It is a Central Armed Police Force of India. This is the largest industrial security force in the world, under the Ministry of Home Affairs. CISF was established in 1969 and has a workforce of more than 170,000 personnel to provide security to the public sector undertakings in India.
The Central Industrial Security Force(CISF) has played an important role in the security of industrial and strategic assets of India. Aside from this, CISF has been involved in various types of counter-terrorist operations to prevent terrorist attacks.
Also read: DC FULL FORM
What Are the Functions and Responsibilities of CISF?
Functions and responsibilities of the Central Industrial Security Force(CISF) include a wide range of security-related tasks such as:
- The security of vital installations includes protecting the power plants, critical infrastructure as well as government buildings.
- The security of airports as well as aircraft to ensure the safe travel of passengers.
- Providing security in metro systems across the country to ensure the safety of passengers traveling in the metro.
- Take immediate and effective action to provide support in the case of crisis because of any accidents, natural disasters, and other emergencies,
- The security of notable persons within India as well as during their international visits.
- Assist in managing crowds in events to ensure the safety of the common man.
The Central Industrial Security Force(CISF) holds various responsibilities because of its expansion, that’s why it is considered the pillar of strength for security. So, we can say that “CISF” is not just a name but a great symbol f central security, integrity, service, and fortitude.