What is the Full Form of SDM
The full form of SDM is Sub Divisional Magistrate. It is a government post in India. SDM is responsible for the administration and governance of a sub-division, which is an administrative division smaller than a district but larger than a tehsildar or taluka. SDMs perform magisterial duties under the 1973 Criminal Procedure Code as well as numerous minor actions. They typically serve in their position as PCS Ranking Officers.
SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate ) are appointed by the Collector Magistrate, Tax Inspector and all tehsils or subdivisions under the control of the Subdivisional Magistrate. They have complete control of Tahsildars in their subdivision as well as representing an important link between District Officers and Tahsildars in that particular tehsil or subdivision.
Importance of SDM:
Also Read: Full Form of SSB
They are a bridge between central government, state governments, and the public at the grassroots level. Also, SDMs are responsible for ensuring that government programs and policies are implemented effectively and efficiently.
Roles and Responsibilities of SDM:
SDMs have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Working on Election
- Maintaining law order
- Handling revenue administration
- Implementing government programs
- Coordinating various developmental activities
- Vehicle registration
- Marriage registration
- Driving license issue and Renew
- Arm license issue and Renewal
- OBC, SC/ST and Domicile certificate Issues
- issue and renew passports and other travel documents
Functions of SDM
The functions of an SDM are divided into three groups: revenue, magisterial and executive:
- Collection and administration of land revenue.
- Maintenance of land, Plot, House records.
- Dealing revenue cases.
- Process Settlement operations.
- Functioning as custodian of public land.
- Exercise of judicial powers under the Criminal Procedure Code and other laws.
- law and order maintenance.
- Crime prevention and detection.
- Investigation and adjudication of criminal cases.
- Approve and cancellation of licenses for firearms and other weapons.
- Implement government programs and policies.
- Coordination of various developmental activities.
- Providing accessories to people during the natural disasters and other emergencies.
Salary of SDM
The salary of an SDM in India varies depending on their experience, state of posting, and other factors.
Breakdown of the salary of an SDM in India, including allowances:
- Basic salary: Rs 56,100 per month
- Dearness allowance (DA): 38% of basic salary
- House rent allowance (HRA): 24% of basic salary
- Transport allowance: 8% of basic salary
Total salary of an SDM, including allowances, can be around Rs 80,000 per month.