Draupadi Murmu is voted as India’s fifteenth president on July 25, 2022. She participated against Yashwant Sinha, the united opposition’s nominee for the highest post under the constitution. Draupadi Murmu is the Tribal leader from Rairangpur in Mayurbhanj, Odisha.
Draupadi Murmu is the Leader with a quiet voice where she succeeds to enter in Odisha Polics with her hard-working potential. After winning the 2022 presidential election, Draupadi Murmu became the second woman and first indigenous person to assume the position.
Draupadi Murmu Biography
Draupadi Murmu was Born on June 28, 1958, in the Odisha hamlet of Uparbeda, Mayurbhanj, she was born into the Santhali family. In accordance with the Panchayati Raj system, Draupadi Murmu’s father and grandfather were chosen as sarpanches. She gave birth to two son and a girl after marrying Shyam Charan Murmu.
When talking about Draupadi Murmu’s Biography, In significantly less time, Draupadi Murmu has recovered from several of her losses. She married banker Shyam Charan Murmu, who subsequently passed away from a heart arrest. She gave birth to three children—two sons and one daughter—through her marriage. Her son, Laxman Murmu, who was also 25 years old, died in 2009. Apart from this, her second Son was also passed away in a road accident in 2012.
Itishree, another daughter of Draupadi Murmu, is employed with the UCO Bank. In 2015, she got married to rugby player Ganesh Hembram; and now the couple has a little daughter too.
Facts to Know About Draupadi Murmu
- Draupadi Murmu is the first tribal woman to hold the office of the President of India.
- The first Indian President to be born after the country’s independence is Draupadi Murmu.
- She didn’t have a home of her own until 2009.
- As governor of Jharkhand, she is the first woman to occupy the position. She was also the first member of a tribal group to hold the office of governor of an Indian state full-time.
Also read: Biography Of Bhagat Singh
Draupadi Murmu Education Qualification
Droupadi Murmu studied elementary education at the local primary school in Uparbeda. At age 5, she moved to Bhubaneswar for the higher studies. She completed secondary education from Girls High School Unit-2, and graduated in B.A. from Rama Devi Women’s College.
Draupadi Murmu Teaching Carrier
- At Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research Institute in Rairangpur, She formerly had a position as a political activist and served as an assistant professor provided by the government.
- The Government of Odisha’s Irrigation Department appointed her as a Junior Assistant.
- She has always been a member of the Bhartiya Janata Party. She held several positions, including that of Legislative Assembly member and Governor of Jharkhand.
Also check : Biography of Ruskin Bond
Draupadi Murmu’s Political Carrier And Achievements
- When Draupadi was chosen to represent the Rairangpur district of Odisha as a councilor in 1997, her political career officially got underway. She served as Vice President of Rairangpur in the same year.
- She later won the BJP’s election for minister after winning the Rairangpur seat in the 2004 assembly elections. In 2000, she began her employment at the Department of Transport, Trade, Fisheries, and Animal Husbandry, and she worked there until 2004.
- She won the 2004 state assembly elections, and she was chosen to represent the BJP from the Rairangpur seat this time.
- At BJP Scheduled Tribes Morcha, Draupadi Murmu was Appointed as the State President, also the district president in Mayurbhanj where she ruled this position till 2009.
- She was also chosen to be the 9th Governor of Jharkhand in May 2015, and she held that role until May 2021.
- She was put forth by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as a candidate for India’s presidency in the 2022 elections.
|Date of Birth||20 June 1958|
|Birthplace||Uparbeda village, Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|Education||Ramadevi Women’s University|
|Parents||Biranchi Narayan Tudu|
|New post||President of India|
|Political Party||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Awards & Honours||Nilkantha award, And Best MLA by Odisha Legislative Assembly.|
Draupadi Murmu Biography: 2022 Presidential Candidate for the NDA
In June 2022, the BJP nominated the Draupadi Murmu to stand for the National Democratic Alliance in the 2022 Indian presidential election. As part of the Presidential Campaign 2022, she traveled to several states to lobby BJP MPs and representatives from other opposition parties to support her campaign.
Several well-known opposition parties, including the BJD of Odisha, the JMM Party of Jharkhand, the Shiv Sena of Maharashtra, the BSP of Uttar Pradesh, the JDS of Karnataka, and many more, supported Draupadi Murmu when she traveled to the NE states.
Frequently Asked Questions About Draupadi Murmu
When Draupadi Murmu Was Elected as the President of India?
On July 25, 2022, Draupadi Murmu was Elected As The 15th President Of India
Draupadi Murmu Was Appointed as the Governor of Which Indian State?
She was selected as The Governor Of Jharkhand On May 18, 2015, and became The First Woman Governor Of Jharkhand.
Is Draupadi Murmu Married?
Yes, Draupadi Murmu is married to Shyam Charan Murmu, a banker, with whom she had two sons and a daughter in 1980.
Who Was Draupadi Murmu’s Husband?
Shyam Charan Murmu was a Draupadi Murmu husband and He was Passed Away In 2014.
What Is Draupadi Murmu’s Qualification?
She has completed her graduation from Rama Devi Women’s College.
What Is Draupadi Murmu Village Name?
Draupadi Murmu Village Name is Uparbeda village, Mayurbhanj, Odisha.
Does Draupadi Murmu Have Any Criminal Case?
No, Draupadi Murmu does not have any criminal case behind her past.
Does Draupadi Murmu Have Children?
Overall, Draupadi Murmu had three children. However, her two sons named Laxman Murmu and Sipun Murmu died years ago, and her other daughter’s name is Itishree Murmu, who is now a Bank worker.
Is Draupadi Murmu the Youngest President of India?
Yes, Draupadi Murmu is the youngest President of India.
Where Does Draupadi Murmu Belong To?
Draupadi Murmu belongs to Odisha, she was born in the Mayurbhanj district of Odisha.
Draupadi Murmu Was Nominated by Which Political Party as the President of India in 2022
As The National Democratic Alliance’s Candidate For The President Of India For The 2022 Election Draupadi Murmu Was Nominated By BJP
Where is Droupadi Murmu from?
What is the age of Draupadi Murmu?
The age of Draupadi Murmu is 64 years
who is the daughter of draupadi murmu?
Draupadi Murmu Belongs to Which Tribe?
Draupadi Murmu belongs to the Santhal Tribe of India.